Archbishop Jonathan Blake

The Most Reverend Jonathan Blake, Presiding Archbishop of the Open Episcopal Church B.A. (Hons), Dip. Pastoral Studies. Mobile: 07767 687711 www.bishopjonathanblake.com archbishopjonathanblake@gmail.com www.openepiscopalchurch.org The Church is a member of The International Council of Community churches and the World Council of Churches. Married and a proud Dad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Kent, United Kingdom

Gassed Tehran, seized Kabul, helped Mother Teresa, funded TB hospital, priest 1981, went Auschwitz, wrote on Parliament, convicted, began 1st inter-faith NHS chapel, 12 yrs Anglican cleric/vicar - left, baptised 1000's in homes/Mt Snowdon/at circus, wedding underwater, wrote ‘For God’s Sake Don’t Go To Church’, nailed 95 Theses 2 Canterbury cathedral, arrested, co-founded the Society for Independent Ministry, consecrated a bishop, co-founded the Open Episcopal Church, did 1st gay wedding on morning TV, sued Associated Newspapers, co-consecrated 1st women bishops 4 England,Wales,Scotland, accommodated the homeless, posted Mass/took it 2 sex workers, elected Archbishop, arrested 4 climbing with sons,founded ‘When No One’s Watching',made ICV, did Jade Goody's wedding,invited 2 Downing St, wrote 'That Old Devil Called God Again', conviction 4 campaigning against child abuse quashed on appeal, convicted 4 successful blogging 2 stop paedophile. His Christmas Lights raising £79,000 4 Water in 4 Gambian villages. Published "The Tales of Henry the Lovable Hedgehog", the SAFE New Testament + Psalms + radical Book of Common Prayer, ordained priests for UK,US,Thailand,Spain,Ireland

Thursday, January 30, 2014

LEARN TO LOVE YOURSELF THAT YOU CAN LOVE OTHERS

We are frantic, looking for someone to say we are OK, to appreciate us, say they like us, approve of us, make us feel special, choose us, set us apart.

We see forlorn faces desperate for love.

We watch crazy choices being made where people tolerate abusive situations just in hope of a shred of belonging.

It is a dead end. A road to no where. A recipe for misery and insecurity.

Stop now please.

Say to yourself. I am OK. I appreciate myself. I like myself and approve of myself. I am special. I choose myself. I set myself apart. I love myself. I belong to myself.

This is the beginning of a new life.

This is the holy grail of discovering your own identity. This is the only real moment you can honestly enter into relationship with others.

For from this personal strength and affirmation, from this inner confidence and self resourcing, you can for the first time make yourself available to others as you choose and allow others to draw close to you.

It's not because you need them, or are looking to gain from them or feed from them or steal their love, but because you are a complete person able to safely engage with others and bless them and be blessed by them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home